- Runners must complete the set course on foot by their own power and ability within the stipulated time;
- Trekking poles is allowed for runners of all categories;
- Drinking cups will not be provided at any of the water station points;
- 15km, 35km and 50km runners must have their own cup or other personal containers suitable for the purpose;
- No pacers are allowed to run along with the runners for all categories;
- Personal assistance (support crew) along the running route and at the water stations is Not Allowed in all categories.
- Runners must understand the unique nature and requirements of competing in an ultra-long distance road running race. He/she will be running all day and night on the road and trails. He/she must have undertaken the necessary training to
compete in such an event.
- Runners will be responsible for his/her own safety by having the ability and skills to deal with problems that may be encountered during the race of this nature.
- Runners must be able to undertake or deal with on his/her own without any other external assistance during the deteriorating weather conditions (e.g. raining, strong winds, hot sun and etc..) and other unforeseen circumstances arises while running on the road and/or trails.
- Runners who accept any assistance and support from any person may be disqualified.
- In the event of a runner meeting another runner who is in health difficulty or injured, he/she must stop to help and inform the race organizer to seek for medical assistance. Failure to do so may result in penalties or disqualification being imposed to the runner or runners concerned.
- By entering the race, each runner undertakes to take with him/her all the mandatory items as listed below throughout the race.
- Failure to do so will result in application of the time penalties or disqualification.
- Mandatory items (gear checks will be carried out on all runners before the race starts, and spot checks may be carried out along the route during the race):
50 KM Category
1. Hydration bag
2. Headlamp x 1, spare batteries x 1 set;
4. Mobile Phone;
5. 1.5 litre water carrying capacity;
6. Own cups/bowls and spoons/forks;
7. Emergency blanket;
35 KM Category
2. Mobile Phone;
3. 1.5 litre water carrying capacity;
4. Own cups/bowls and spoons/forks;
5. Emergency blanket;
15 KM Category
1. 1 litre water carrying capacity;
2. Mobile phone;
3. Own cups; (no cup will be given at water stations)
Recommended (not compulsory):
- Blinking light;
- Sport foods & Gels;
- Rucksack or waist bag;
- Head gear or cap or bandana;
- Sun UV block;
- Route Map and Elevation Map.
- Each bib is given individually to each runner in the Race Pack, upon presentation of suitable identity document;
- Each runner will be given one bib number: this must be worn and clearly visible on the chest or stomach or on the back of the backpack carried by the runners;
- The bib number is required for access to the water station areas, physio treatment, rest rooms etc;
- To encourage more participation, Bib is transferable before 30 Dec 2019. Thereafter, race bib is transferable at a cost of RM 50 before 30 Dec 2019, RM 100 before 7 th Jan 2019;
- Upgrade and downgrade will be allowed at a cost of RM 50 before 30 Dec 2019, and RM 100 from then onwards
- No fee is refundable after the registration is completed, even in the event when the race may be cancelled or postponed;
RACE COURSE MARKERS
- The race course will be marked with reflective tapes and signs along the course and at major junctions;
- Runners must follow the directions given by the race organizer during the race briefing;
- There is no drop bag for all categories.
SAFETY AND MEDICAL ASSISTANCE
- In order to ensure race safety, race organizer will prepare and arrange for rescue and medical assistance during the race. However, each participant must recognize and understand that there are risks of injuries and/or accidents associated with trail running. Runners are participating in this race at his/her own risk;
- While the race organizer has purchased Public Liability Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance coverage (hospitalization) for this event, it is strongly recommended that the runners obtained an adequate Personal Accident
Insurance coverage for himself;
- Medical points will be set up at certain water stations;
- If necessary, and in the interests of the person being rescued, at the exclusive discretion of the organizers, the official medical rescue services may be called upon to take over operations, using any means they consider appropriate,
including an ambulance. Any costs deriving from such exceptional transport will be charged to the person who has been rescued;
- Depending on the runner health conditions, an emergency evacuation may be required. This emergency evacuation will be at the expenses of the person being rescued;
- The official race medical assistants are authorized to withdraw from the competition any runners that they consider as unfit to continue or are in danger. The runner bib will be removed as part of the DNF (Did Not Finish) procedures;
- If a runner drops out from the race, runner must first inform and register with the nearest checkpoints that he/she is dropping out. Proper “DNF” procedure should be followed and completed before the runner is allowed to leave the event:
- In case of an emergency, if you are unable to reach the race headquarters, you can also call the public emergency number ‘999’ directly for help;
- The race organizers reserves the right to implement any additional measures at any time to enhance and protect the safety of the race and the runners before the race and during the race.
CHECKPOINTS OR WATER STATION POINTS
- The timing will be recorded at the checkpoints/water station points established by the organizers;
- Only runners sporting their regular bib number will have access to the water station;
- No water cups will be dispensed to the runners. Runners will need to use their own cups or containers for any drinks served at the check points or water stations;
- The route map, which can also be downloaded online, will contain accurate indications of the water station points;
- The organizers reserve the rights to carry out mandatory item checks at any of the check points and other unspecified points along the route during the race;
- Food and drinks at the water station points are solely for runners only.
MAXIMUM RACE TIME PERMITTED AND CUTOFF TIMES
1. The maximum time allotted for completion of the race are:
15 km – 4 hours
35 km – 8 hours;
50 km – 12 hours;
2. In the event of poor weather conditions and/or for safety reasons, the organizers reserve the rights to suspend the race or to make changes to the cut-off times;
DNF (Did not Finish) PROCEDURES
1. Runners may DNF voluntarily or by missing the stipulated cut-off times at various checkpoints along the race course;
2. Runner who decides to pull out voluntarily must proceed to the nearest checkpoint, inform and register with the race staffs by signing a DNF Form, and the bib will be specially marked to indicate the DNF status of the runners.
3. Runners who fail to arrive at the checkpoints within the stipulated cut-off times will not be allowed to continue running in the race. His/her bib will be specially marked, and a DNF Form will need to be signed;
4. Runner who fails to notify the organizers immediately of his/her voluntary DNF, thereby setting in motion a search and rescue operations by the rescue staff, will be liable to pay for any costs deriving there-from;
5. Runner who has DNFed from the race are not allowed to continue his/her run. IF he/she insists on continuing running, he/she is NO LONGER in this event, and will be running entirely on his/her own accord and at his/her own risk. The organizer reserves the right to ban this kind of runner from future edition of Ultimate Trails of The South;
6. The DNF runners should rest at a bright, safe place with sufficient phone coverage and wait for a non scheduled race shuttle for pick up and delivery to the finish point;
7. If runner is unable to move on his/her own, either return to the nearest water station point he/she has just left or to the next water station point. Please contact the emergency number ‘999’ or the race headquarters to seek for assistance.
1. Not carrying the mandatory items during the race, including not wearing reflector vest or bright blinking accessories during the night;
2. Taking shortcuts and/or running off the track;
3. Throw any garbage along the running route.
4. Cheating (e.g. using other means of transportation, using substitute runners and other unlawful actions);
5. Not abiding by the rules and regulation given by the race organizer and official race staffs including medical assistants, emergency staffs and marshals;
6. Not wearing the race bib at all times during the race;
7. Continue to run after the cut off time without the agreement of race officials;
8. Doping and the use of prohibited drugs;
9. Running with his/her supporters
Breaking of any rules may incur a time penalties or disqualification. Any such penalties are at the organizer’s discretion and are final.
Suggestions must be in writing and must be presented after the closing ceremony of the event at the finishing point or send to email@example.com
CHANGES TO THE ROUTE OR TO THE TIME DEADLINES – CANCELLATION OF THE RACE
1. The organizers reserve the rights, at any time and without prior notice, to make changes to the route and checkpoints/water station points or to the time deadlines;
2. In the event of adverse weather conditions (a strong depression with heavy rain), the start of the race may be postponed for 6 hours at most, after which time the race will be cancelled;
3. Where necessary, the organizers reserve the rights to make changes to or eliminate certain stretches of the route.
RANKINGS AND PRIZES
1. The race winner of each categories will be the runner that takes the shortest time (Gun time) to reach the finish point;
2. Reaching the checkpoints/water station points along the route does not in itself entitle the runner to a place in the rankings and the corresponding points awarded for a qualifying race;
3. To be awarded, runner must complete the overall race within the final cutoff time of the race; and fulfill the mandatory items requirement.
4. No prize money will be given;
5. Prizes will be awarded as below:
Each participant expressly foregoes his/her image rights for the photos taken for the duration of the race, and undertakes not to take any action against the organizers and their authorized partners for the use of his/her image.