The Mad Aquathlon 2019
Registration for this event has closed
Download guidelines (.pdf) [last updated on Oct 6]
The Mad Aquathlon
This is an Aquathlon race with a twist!
We offer two(2) race formats:
1. The Standard Format
For those who are looking to race the conventional aquathlon, you will only do a Swim + Run
2. The Madness Format - High Intensity meets Endurance
This is our trademark race for the multisport junkies out there! This is where you will do a Swim + Run + Swim + Run. Yes, you read it right! You repeat it twice!
So dig deep, strategise, work your pace, overcome fatigue and encounter challenges you’ve never encountered before in this unique format. Let’s see how fast, tough and MAD you are!
Both races will be held at the beautiful private beach of the PD Waterfront. Don’t come alone, bring your family too! The waterfront is a mixed development with something for everyone, surrounded by amenities and attractions suitable for the whole family.
|Kids||150M||1km||Kids||7-9||RM 55||RM 60|
|Kids||300M||1.6km||Kids||10-12||RM 55||RM 60|
|Kids||300M||1.6km||Kids||13-14||RM 55||RM 60|
|Standard||750M||5km||Men Junior||15-19||RM 120||RM 150|
|Men Veteran||40 and above|
|Women Veteran||40 and above|
|Madness||750M + 750M||5km + 5km||Men Junior||17-19||RM 140||RM 170|
|Men Veteran||40 and above|
|Women Veteran||40 and above|
Tee size chart for Standard and Madness categories:
Tee size chart for kids:
Venue: D’ Wharf Hotel
Date: 5th Oct 2019
Time: 12pm – 7pm
GPS Location: https://g.page/DWharf_Hotel_PD_Waterfront?share
- The organiser reserve the right to amend the race course, schedule, rules & regulations without prior notification.
- The Organiser shall not be held liable in respect of any economic loss or personal loss of the Participants which include such loss of any personal belongings or items or loss or damage cause by the Participants’ use of the public amenities incurred or suffered by the Participants throughout the duration of the event.
- Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the event organiser to ensure the participants’ safety, participants partake in this event at their own risk and the organisers shall not be liable for any bodily injuries, loss and/or damage to property, whether personal or otherwise, and howsoever arising.
- The Organiser reserves the sole and absolute right to postpone, cancel, interrupt or stop the event due to any unforeseen circumstances, which includes adverse weather conditions or any other events beyond the control of the Organizer without prior notice. The Participants shall not have any other claim for costs damages compensation whatsoever against the Organiser.
- The organiser reserve the right to use photos, recordings, or any forms of multimedia of this race and its participants for any commercial advertising.
- The organiser reserve the right to limit or refuse entries without assigning any reason thereof.
- Once the registration form has been duly processed, there will be no fee refund for those who fail to attend or withdraw from the event.
- Individual race entries are non-transferable.
- The organiser will not be responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete or wrong entry details entered by the participants.
- Participants racing in the “Standard Format” (Swim 750, Run 5km) must be at least 15 years old on 31 Dec 2018 to compete in the race.
- Participants racing in the “Madness Format” 2(Swim 750m, Run 5km) must be between 17 years old on 31 Dec 2018 to compete in the race.
- Completion of the race entry form is evidence of the participants’ agreement to adhere by the Organiser’s rules & regulations.
- Swim Buoys are allowed.
- Swim Tools are not allowed (e.g. Snorkel, Paddles, Fins, Earphones etc.).
- Wet suits are not allowed.
- Only participants and officials are allowed in the swimming area.
- Participants must wear the swim cap provided by the organiser.
- For safety purpose - Swim cap must be worn at all time during the swim (including the 2nd leg of the swim in Madness
- DQ - Any breach of the rules above can result in disqualification of participants, without prior notice.
- Race bib/number must be worn at all time on the run course.
- Bare torso running is not allowed.
- Pacer or supporting vehicles are not allowed.
- For safety purpose - No headphones, mobile phones are allowed to be used during the race.
- Any breach of the rules above can result in disqualification of participants, without prior notice.
- Strictly “NO LITTERING” on the course, discard your rubbish at the water station area only (Penalty @ 60 Seconds).
- Only Participants are allowed inside the transition area.
- Participants are only allowed to utilise & occupy only one (1) basket.
- Participants must stay within their designated area according to their race number.
- Participants must not temper with other participants’ belongings, this can lead to disqualification.
- For safety purpose - All your gears must be inside the basket provided (goggles, swim cap, sunglasses, nutrition, bottles
etc.) Running shoes can be outside the basket but within the participants own area only.
- No bag allowed inside the transition area (Bag storage area will be provided).
- Penalty (60 seconds) will be imposed if you fail to adhere to any of the rules above.
Health & Fitness
- All Participants must be medically fit for the purpose of participating in the Aquathlon.
- While reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organizer to ensure the Participants’ safety, the Participants take part at their own risk and the Organizer shall not be held liable for any loss, damage, injury or death howsoever arising from the participation of The Mad Aquathlon.
- Should any participant feel unwell in the course of race, he or she should stop and seek immediate medical attention atdesignated medical post.
- The Organizer shall have the sole and absolute right to stop any Participant from participating or continue participatingwithout assigning any reason whatsoever.